Friday, September 21, 2012

Progress Report Day

Today I am sending home the first progress report of the year.  I am very pleased with the work your daughter's have done this year, and their reports show that.  Please review them with your daughter over the weekend, and sign the parent signature section.  You can keep the report, just cut off the signature part.  If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to leave me a note on it and I will be glad to address them.  I hope you are as proud of your daughters as I am!!

This week was a crazy week.  I unfortunately missed a day and a half due to bronchitis.  Monday, the sub left a very nice note.  I came for the morning Tuesday, and left at lunch.  That day must have been an off day because the sub came to me personally Wednesday to discuss it.  We had a big class meeting, and I think we are all on the same page now about behavior expectations.  This class is so sweet and funny, but we need to remember when it is school time and when it is fun time.  Also, please reiterate the fact that all adults that are in our building deserve respect.  Hopefully there won't be a repeat of Tuesday afternoon.

This week in math we were going to move onto multiplication and division.  After doing some informal observations, I realized we still needed some work on expressions and equations.  We will start our multiplication and division unit next week.  In guided reading, we started reading a book called Get on Board: The Story of the Underground Railroad.  I am hoping this book, and what we discuss in our social studies discussions will help the girls with their narrative about the Underground Railroad.  In social studies we started discussing slavery and its effects on our country.  Next week we will look at some of the other factors that led to the civil war.  Finally, next week we will study Sort 6 in spelling.

Thank you so much to everyone who attended our Jekyll Island meeting.  We are going to try to have one more before the trip to ensure everyone has a chance to come and ask questions about the trip.  Remember, the price of the trip goes from $75 to $100 on November 1st, so make sure to pay in full beforehand.  You can pay with cash, check, or on the Brumby website with credit or debit.

Thank you to everyone who turned in the their permission slips and money for the Supreme Court field trip on October 3rd.  If you paid before I sent out the email the other day informing you of the the pricing change, I need to know if you want a refund of the extra $5, or if you would like that money put towards your daughter's Jekyll fund.  Please email to let me know.  Our very own TaKevia was selected to be the defendant in the mock trial.  I am so happy for her.  I know she will do a great job.  I will post pictures after the field trip. 

We had no birthdays this week.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment